Remember that alterations pile I talked about a few days ago? Well, I altered another piece of clothing from it!
The dress I wore today was originally a floor length maxi dress. I'm not a fan of wearing maxi dresses (They look great on others, but a bit odd on me) , so I chopped it up and re configured the fabric arrangement.
Basically I made two cuts: One at the waist, then one halfway down the fabric that I removed from the waist section. After that I sewed two darts into the top of the dress to make it fit better. I then attached the two skirt panels together, gathered the skirt and sewed in onto the bottom of the bodice. To finish off I gathered some block polkadot tulle around the base of the skirt, because I don't feel quite right without a swishy skirt.
Now for the title explanation. You can't see it too well from the photos, but the print on my dress is some type of old painting (Hence why I called the post wearable art) I'm not trying to be pretensious, I promise!