Huzzah! It's time for guest post number 2! This time it's Courtney Loxton, who is a singer, songwriter and all around cool human (Who I'm lucky enough to call a friend). She also has a blog - Coliston. You can get her words of wisdom regularly from there! :)
5. You'll find someone who changes your life forever. You'll know who it is and you'll know when it happens. Because everything about them will be so familiar, your whole world will change in an instant and you will think "Oh there you are. Where have you been? I've been waiting for you."
6. Books have more information, more magic and more truth in them then TV or the Internet ever will.
7. Nothing beats pen to paper. Write write write!
8.Comparing yourself to others is toxic, useless and will only make you upset. There is no one in the universe like you. Embrace who you are!
9. Anxiety will not rule your life.
10. You are 22 years old but your soul is much older.
11. There's always room for dessert. 12. Don't ever judge someone until you get to know them. You might not like the way they dress, but you might love the way they think.
13. There's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing to stay in for the night instead of going out.
14. Having said that, make sure you push yourself every now and then to venture into the world and meet new people. You never know who might meet... 15. Never underestimate the power of doing something nice for yourself.
16. If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough.
17. You are allowed to be selfish every now and then. 18. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. It shows true strength and courage to seek assistance and support at some point in our lives. We don't have to do anything alone, there will always be someone there to help.
19. Be an individual. Don't follow the crowd. You are different for a reason, find that reason and embrace it whole heartedly. You are here for a purpose and you'll never it if you're following someone else's purpose.
20. Eating ice cream out of the tub is totally acceptable.
21. Worrying is like praying for what you don't want. 22. It costs $0.00 to be a good and decent human being. So be kind to people, smile at others, don't spread hate (in the real world or online) and just remember that at the end of the day, we are all equals. We are all human. We all deserve the best.